Just ordered my new wheels

Started by 55starchief, August 30, 2006, 04:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

17x7 up front and 17x8 out back custom one off's due to the backspace. Ordered direct from wheel vintiques real nice people and super helpful

55starchief

Got the invoice this morning $1252 so at the current exchange rate thats £659 not bad for 4 custom wheels. Sending the cheque of tonight

sixpack2639

Graeme, I trust these are going on the Poncho? Should look great, a bit of simple elegance.

55starchief

Quoting: sixpack2639
Graeme, I trust these are going on the Poncho? Should look great, a bit of simple elegance

Yes mate, was a hard decision to decide what wheels would be right, billet look nice but to and also they dont last over here then i thought go classic with torq thrust D's but thats done to death. Was browsing through streetrodder and see an advert for wheel vintiques and they were just what i wanted especially as they were real close to the originals but they only had 15" until a couple of months ago when they started production on 17's i can still run a 60 or 55 series tire aswell so wont look to low profile

sixpack2639

Those wheels are what we call "baby moons" as they use the old fashioned baby moon hubcaps. Will look awesome with some 2.5 or 3 inch wide whites!

55starchief

Those wheels are what we call "baby moons" as they use the old fashioned baby moon hubcaps. Will look awesome with some 2.5 or 3 inch wide whites!

Yeah, if i had stayed with 15" i would have gone with whites but i need 17" so that i can get some major size discs up front, with a 287(303 due to over bore) motor making almost 480hp its gonna need some stoppping power and them old drums all round wont last the distance

ianjpage

55starchief

You can get wide whites in a 17' radial. They are a bit pricey though.

Well i never, might have to invest in some of them

Roadkill

Hmmm . . . . Added to favourites.

(Not sure if I'm staying with 15" for the Caddy or going to 17" yet . . . . )

Ponti

F Body

You can get wide whites in a 17' radial.

Gotta say whites with the blue paint & smoothies would look

55starchief

Just called wheel vintiques to see if they have started and they told me they were shipped to my mates place today, now thats fast service would recomend them to anyone and ubber friendly.

Called my mate andy to tell him the wheels are on the way and got his voice mail. His message says due to work load phone will only be answered mon,wed,friday 8am-10am i guess hes a little busy