Author Topic: Sunday...  (Read 719 times)

300bhp per ton

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
Sunday...
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:15:51 am »
Sorry for missing the meet on Sunday.

But when I went out too the car I found I had a screw sticking out of one of the rear tyres

I did put the spare on of course, but quite frankly it looks rediculus being that it's only a 135 section tyre plus it makes the car lean heavily to one side.

Hope you all had a good time, and I guess I'll have to try and catch you at the January meet.

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Sunday...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:43:38 pm »
No problem Mate, hope you get the tyre sorted ?

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Sunday...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 01:24:56 pm »
I wonder how many people have actually risked driving with the space saver fitted.... It does look ridiculously small.... I wonder how many 'tards have wrecked their positraction by fitting to the rear too...

a91_formula

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
    • http://american-thunder.co.uk
Sunday...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 01:41:53 pm »
A couple of weeks ago one tyre on my Formula was totally flat.  Tried pumping it up but it was just leaking around the rim Unfortunately I was working in Bracknell and hubby was working in Gloucester, so had to use two cars.  As we still can't drive the Astro and the Trans-Am wasn't taxed the only option we had was to use the space saver - mmmmmmmmm wasn't a fun journey for hubby at 50 mph all the way.

No problems now though as I've had 4 new tyres fitted this weekend
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

Titsy

• Pimp
    • View Profile
Sunday...
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:44:48 pm »
I got new tyres put on the back of the 'maro and within a week I picked up a screw, luckily the garage I bought the tyres from were able to plug it, and did the job for free...

300bhp per ton

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
Sunday...
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 03:40:28 pm »
Yeah the spare certainly doesn't look safe. Sure it's fine as long as you don't drive like a tit though.

Gonna see if I can get it repaired, not sure if I can though as it's pretty close to the sidewall.

Still at least it's an excuse to go and get some MT ET Streets for it ready for the SRS next year. Only thing is I wanted them for more track than street use and I haven't bought another set of rims yet that I want to run Nitto's on (from other thread).

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Sunday...
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 05:14:43 pm »
Quoting: Titsy
I wonder how many people have actually risked driving with the space saver fitted....

Oop's !

I never driven the Maro with space saver fitted but I have driven the van for a week with it on the rear !
No way would I drive with it on the front beauase thats where all the weight is

Jamieg285

• Pimp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mfatw.com/WD
Sunday...
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 05:26:28 pm »
I get rid of my space saver as I know I wouldn't use it.  Give me more boot space too

Roadkill

Sunday...
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 09:47:41 am »
Quoting: Jamieg285
I get rid of my space saver as I know I wouldn't use it. Give me more boot space too

Rock on, brother . . . T'is weight saving, too.