CHAV'SCORT NEEDS YOU !!!

Started by Roadkill, January 26, 2007, 05:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

O.K.

The chav'scort's seen better days.

But, unfortunately, after just shelling out £465 on Caddy parts its attempted suicide couldn't've come at a worse time.

So, basically, I must look at repairing it to last just another couple of months until the funds are there to buy another run-around.

I can only assume it's either the water pump gone or the gasket or a core plug near the left-hand side of the block.
My local supplier has a pump in stock for £20.

I'm currently suffering the effects of woman-flu.  

No, not man-flu as I can still walk about and go to work but I have to admit I'm not feeling my strongest at the mo'.

So.  I ask if anyone is available tomorrow morning to assist me in attacking the Chav'scort to ascertain whether it is as simple as the pump's gone or something more sinister.

I should have all the tools required at the house but am not convinced I'll have the energy to do it all on my 'tod.

55starchief

I would do mate, but i have to go a tree felling over at fubars depending on the weather

Roadkill

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Tree felling ? WTF ?

His parents have a tree in the back yard they want dropped so ryan asked if i would go over with my chainsaw and reduce its height

Jamieg285

Sorry, I have people over to look at/pick up bits from the camaro, and a load of shiney new power steering bits to fit to mine to get me back on the road.

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
Quoting: Roadkill
Tree felling ? WTF ?

His parents have a tree in the back yard they want dropped so ryan asked if i would go over with my chainsaw and reduce its height

You wanna come over and do ours sometime?

philoldsmobile

might be free sunday....

do the cambelt too, its gotta come off and they are £13

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

do the cambelt too, its gotta come off and they are £13

I dont know that sounds like maintenance

philoldsmobile

i wont put an old one back on.....its almost garanteed to break

FUBAR

Cheers Graeme BTW

I would but I can't get over there, and its also now afternoon...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR

Cheers Graeme BTW

Yeah no problem, took longer to drive there and back than drop the tree, unfortunatly when i got to my folks i had almost 2 hours chainsawing to do as the trees out front need quite a bit of dead wood removing

Fieldy

55starchief

Quoting: Fieldy

any luck Dean?

Being fixed as i type this, sounds like he went all out on this job buying a new water pump and a jubilee clip but deciding that the £8 cambelt was a little over kill seing as the current one still has some life left in it

Fieldy

a new jubilee clip eh?! wow

Would've given you A hand but only just seen this thread and quite possibly couldn't have got out to you

Roadkill

Yep, Fixed.

£20.50 For a new Pump.
50p For a Jubilee Clip
£3 For anti-freeze
£3 For Carb cleaner (to wipe gasket surface over)

£27 . . . Which she'll earn me back tomorrow when I go to Buntingford.

Titsy

Don't forget wages for the workforce...

Fieldy

Quoting: Titsy

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy

Don't forget taxi fare to Brackley and Hotel fees for that night.

and