Anyone been to Machine Mart ?

Started by Roadkill, February 23, 2007, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Well that MAC one has still got justover a day to go and hasnt met reserve or been snapped up with the BIN

EDGE

hm.....

i may have to have anther look at that

EDGE

damnit... that link is now dead!

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE

damnit... that link is now dead!

No its not, you clicked on the wrong one

Roadkill

Quoting: Big Mouse
I compared the Clarke Professional range with Halfrauds Professional; range - different as chalk and cheese. The Clarke was slightly more but had ball bearing runners etc, just felt more substantial

The Halfords one was a "Industrial" one not a "professional" . . . I had a play with the professional and it was as good . . .

I'd feel happier having a butchers at a Clarke HD Plus before parting with nearly £700.

Roadkill

Checked Pollards price against Machine Mart and MM are cheaper . . . Gonna give them a call tomorrow and ask if any of their "local" stores have one on display so I can have a gander.

EDGE

im pretty sure i can get you a deiscount on the halford proffesional ones if you need it

Roadkill

im pretty sure i can get you a deiscount on the halford proffesional ones if you need it

Noted, cheers, Mate.

EDGE

i cant remeber if it was 10 or 20% though...

Roadkill

I'm gonna investigate the Clarke HD ones first simply as they're alot bigger . . . and I have alot of crap to fit in them.

If I'm not happy with those the Halfords ones may be the next option.

EDGE

let me know what you think of the clarke ones, which one are you trying to get ?

Roadkill

which one are you trying to get ?

Nothing in particular . . . I have a Mac tool chest but it's just too small.

I started looking at the Clarke HD Plus (black & Gold) one simply as it was the biggest I could find (1m+ wide x 1.5m tall) for a reasonable price.

The Halfords "Industrial" (the black one) seems to be their best and most Heavy Duty so that's a possiblity.

I'll either then sell my Mac one or "Refurb" it.