Author Topic: Sorry I missed the meet - was kinda busy in a wet kind of way...  (Read 675 times)

300bhp per ton

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
Seems like we have record high water table levels here in the UK at the moment (and a frigging hose pipe ban as well ). So decided to go fording today as there as some really good fords not far away.

Haven't done this for years. There's about 9 fords in total however I only grossed 8 today, one was just too deep!!!!

This one was the deepest I went thru, and yes it did get the carpets wet.

However the Discovery 3 seemed to take it in it's stride, their suspension really lifts them quite high for a stock vehicle, much higher than my Discovery rides anyhow, although you can see the water is still half way up the doors on this the LR3.

I don't have a pic of the deepest ford, but it's about 60-80 yards long and you actually drive up the river a way. I did go part way in but deemed it a tad too deep plus it was very slippy and traction was an issue.

The water level was well over half way up the doors as you can see by the water mark, and no it's not a splash it really was that deep and a little too close to the air intake for my liking.

The Discovery performed superbly, even more so as I'd done ZERO prep work for this. It NEVER missed a beat all day, the only thing that happened was the power steering belt slipped when wet so made the steering a little heavy when leaving the water. But that's it!!!!

Go diesel power!!!

Oh I did end up with a little moisture in my spot lamps though

55starchief

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
Sorry I missed the meet - was kinda busy in a wet kind of way...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:48:13 pm »
Yup I can remember going up to the peak district with a couple of mates in a series 1 diesel disco. It belonged to my mates wife and even on road tires we managed to have some serious fun. He didnt tell her what we had been doing with it for a couple of months then she got to see the pictures Amazing how much articulation the standard suspension has

F Body

• Trainee Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:59:33 pm »
Water cooled spot lights

Disco's do have a reputation for not being water tight !

The picture with the high wall and white rolls is Batford/Wheathampstead ?

300bhp per ton

• Trainee Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:05:56 pm »
Yep, the fords where Harpenden, Wheathampstead, Waterend, Stondon, Latchford, Rebourn.

Cunning Plan

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 08:00:09 pm »
looked good fun dude
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

art b

• Pro Pimp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 08:34:53 pm »
one carefull owner......he he he
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Fieldy

• Mega Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 12:14:22 pm »
I used to love doing this sort of stuff when I was in Devon! All day is good fun!