Project Mobility.

Started by F Body, September 04, 2007, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Decided that I've gone long enough without being mobile so a friend is building me some transport

Chassis under re-construction, he still can't get the dam tracking right

Well it's got a motor, gearbox, diff and a wheely bar

Santa Pod here I come

HardRockCamaro

Roadkill

ianjpage

LOL nice....so whats the top speed gunna be

F Body

Quoting: ianjpage
LOL nice....so whats the top speed gunna be

Well we are using 2 x 12v 17 amp hour batteries so I think about 8mph

My friend coundn't sleep this morning so got up way early and did some more chassis work

ianjpage

Shifty

That is freaking sweet, you need to do something to it to give it a boost though dude.

I don't know if it would work but I suggest a fully charged 2 Farad capacitor connected to the electric motor via a switch.

Presumably when you flick the switch the capacitor would discharge straight into the motor making it melt go faster

EDGE

1 farad caps can be had for £20 but you'd need a way of charging it seperately.. do able but complex and extra weight..

I once met a guy who raced these, he had a "battery bank" under his, and it went like a WHIPPET i tell thee....

55starchief

Looks like a shoprider to me, let me know if you need any spares.

As for trying to get more speed forget it, unless your going to sewap out all the control gear there is nothing you can do to make these mobility scooters faster.

Some of the older ones were limited to 14mph but all modern ones are restricted to 8mph

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
Looks like a shoprider to me

It's a Ranger and if I can remember which wires go where, it should be back together and running this weekend

Titsy

ianjpage

Quoting: F Body
if I can remember which wires go where, it should be back together and running this weekend

55starchief

Ah a pride ranger, no problem with parts for that seeing as my dad supplies them.

Looks like it has the wrong wheels though as from memory it should have 13,650x6 which is a turf tyre

F Body

no problem with parts for that seeing as my dad supplies them.

Handy to know

Now you tell me

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Now you tell me

hmm yeah sorry, i thought you knew my folks ran the mobility raquet business in this country? Not a wheel,tyre,tube,battery,puncture proofiing they dont supply to the 5000+ mobility shops in the UK

F Body

hmm yeah sorry, i thought you knew my folks ran the mobility raquet business in this country? Not a wheel,tyre,tube,battery,puncture proofiing they dont supply to the 5000+ mobility shops in the UK

Had no idea Mate, if I'd known I'd have spoken to you first

55starchief

I thought some one on here might have said something they have a 15,000sqft warehouse that carries over 70,000 spare parts for the mobility industry