How hard can it be? NPT fittings?

Started by Jamieg285, February 08, 2006, 11:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

I am trying to find some NPT plugs (1/4 & 1/2) to plug the holes in my new water neck.

Can I find any in the UK?  I've been googling for the last hour can can't find a thing.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

55starchief

55starchief

FUBAR

I was wondering if there was such a thing as these, there's this random doo-dad sticking out of my water neck next to the temp sensor (2 holes) that does nothing, no cables for it or anything. I wanted to remove it but didn't know what to replace it with...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

55starchief

I can probably get these at the local hose center as they are commonly used in compressor and industrial aplications

55starchief

Looks like RS components have them too

RS part number 222-6591

55starchief

Im guessing  from the 3 sites i found in under 10 mins not to dificult

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Jamieg285

Mmm.

I found that company, and didn't see those.

Thanks - they're just what I'm after.

Jamieg285

Oops, replied to the 1st post not realising there were a load more.

I guess I was looking for the wrong thing.

Cheers G.

Jamieg285

OK, another question.

Am I right in saying that NPT is a tapered self sealing thread, and won't need any form of gasket washer?

55starchief

I would use some liquid teflon to be on the safe side. Ryan has mine so ask him for it.

***EDIT***

From memory BSP is the tapered onemate

Jamieg285

Still having trouble  

ColeParmer, one of them is discontinued
Cspray - square drive - ugly
RS - don't do the 1/4

Found a place in Southend, have them, nice and cheap (£9.75) for all three - miniumum order £25

Still searching

Rocky

May have some in stock mate use all kind of threads on yank bikes and cars.will have a quick look tomorrow.

philoldsmobile

there is a compressor place near us automotive that sells these type of fittings..

i needed one for an unused port on the inlet of my cutlass, they gave it to me FOC

philoldsmobile

i think most are likely to be squaire drive mate - they are designed to be removed with stilsons..