Offley Bike Show.

Started by F Body, July 12, 2008, 11:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Needed to go into work this morning and didn't get away till just before 1pm, then I had a run out to Offley Bike Show
As soon as I got the Honda out it started to rain  .............

Dangerous Brian from work ( wearing the pink & white shorts ) who along with some other nutters was camping there

350 Chevrolet cubic inches

This Norton was my bike of the show, it looks very simple but it's the details which make it

A seven seat family trike  :

You don't see many Hesketh's

To say my bike is now dirty would be a big under statement

So plenty of nights to

FUBAR

so many of these custom trikes just look like a total pile of crap IMO especially at the front end, that green diamond plate thing is just hideous all over and there's an equally gross P.O.S in matt black on the right hand side of that photo

There are some nice bikes in the rest of the pics tho   apart from the 3rd pic which again has something in it that looks like a cross between a bad impression of a Lamborghini Countach and a ride on lawnmower
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

55starchief

Am loving he Boss Hoss, also the Norton as you say is stunning, perfection in simplicity, yet the small details make the whole bike

ianjpage

that 350 bike must be a bit lary!!

55starchief

Quoting: ianjpage

that 350 bike must be a bit lary!!

from memory they have no trans it's direct drive from the V8

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: FUBAR
so many of these custom trikes just look like a total pile of crap IMO especially at the front end, that green diamond plate thing is just hideous all over and there's an equally gross P.O.S in matt black on the right hand side of that photo  

There are some nice bikes in the rest of the pics tho  apart from the 3rd pic which again has something in it that looks like a cross between a bad impression of a Lamborghini Countach and a ride on lawnmower

Dont hold back mate, tell us what you really think

55starchief

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ

Looking at the time it was posted im thinking he might have been a little pished

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
also the Norton as you say is stunning, perfection in simplicity, yet the small details make the whole bike

A few parts including the exhaust clamp ( onto the engine cylinder ) are gold plated

55starchief

Quoting: F Body

A few parts including the exhaust clamp ( onto the engine cylinder ) are gold plated

Very cool, if i was mine i might have had a little carving work done on the gearbox cover and a couple of other places

Roadkill

I have to agree with Fubes on the trike thing.  Many do look utter shite - but that said it's cool that they're basically scratch-built.

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief
Quoting: CJ-IROCZ

Looking at the time it was posted im thinking he might have been a little pished

Err yeah, indeed

Quoting: Roadkill
but that said it's cool that they're basically scratch-built.

That I do have to agree with as well.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...