All systems were go !

Started by F Body, October 04, 2008, 10:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

One very clean Camaro ( I mean even on top of the gearbox type clean ) , oil & fluid levels checked, tyre pressures done

One very clean Honda, oil & fluid levels checked, tyre pressures done.

Just got back in from work and I have Sunday off, now which vehicle shall I take out

Current Weather = strong winds & just starting to rain

Sunday Weather = Pants

philoldsmobile

one of the reasons i have just picked up a new toy is for days like today, where i wanna go out on a bike, and its too far for the beyatch, but too risky weather wise to take the GPz out..(wanna keep the milage down on it too)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220286644856\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220286644856

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i have just picked up a new toy

Looks in good nick for it's age

Flip Martian

I got out in the camaro this morning - and had it locked away again by the time it started raining.

No chance of getting it out tomorrow - I'm in rehearsals all afternoon.

sixpack2639

Not bad if you're in to crotch rockets.

Looks in pretty good condition actually, especially for the milage.

Prefer bikes you don't lay down on the gas tank to ride myself.

philoldsmobile

goes well, sounds nice. and handles well.. its not perfect, and is in dire need of a new set of spark plugs (doing it today) so hot starting is a bitch, but engine sounds and pulls like new.

with a cut an polish it will be in very reasonable shape, will be replacing the fairing lowers too, as its not exactly a pretty engine

art b

looks v good for its age, not a bad design,
BUT .... WHAT did they think of with that front mudguard......
it needs a dremel taking to it and painting black....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

fitted a new set of spark plugs this morning, decided due to the absolute bitch they are, to go with the iridium ones at over £10 per plug but they will last 40 - 60k as opposed to 6 - 8k of the standard plugs, so in real terms they aren't too bad (regular plugs are £3 each) also got a new batery, as the one on it looked quite old, and have orderd a new reg rec unit as the charging output seemed a litle low for comfort; often a sign its about to fail.

starts perfectly now, hot or cold.

ianjpage

just had a little blat around MK on the CBR and tis a very nice bike to ride, plenty of power and (surprisingly) a fairly comfy riding position