Question regarding Sky+ / Sky+HD . . . . .

Started by Roadkill, February 16, 2009, 03:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

Quoting: Kenny
If they need to upgrade your LMB (ie your current one is single channel) they will put a quad LMB so they can easily sell you multi-room, future boxes with 4 tuners, etc.
If you already have a duel LMB they don't bother to upgrade as that is enough to get sky+(HD).

thats what threw me then,, plus my sister's dipstick boyfriend is a sky installer... teach me to believe what he says.....

Rob

Will find out next Thursday when I have mine upgraded to HD

EDGE

it's only 2, i looked at the back of the box, it only has 2 inputs.

its the quad lmb that threw the numbers out

Big Mouse

My Sky+HD was installed today - terrific picture on the Sharp Aqueos TV.

Moved the old Sky+ unit upto the bedroom so the wife can record her crap choice of programmes up there.

In and out in 20 minutes, just connected the new box to the existing cable, threw away the old scart lead in place of an HDMI cable and download the latest version of the software - HD done!

EDGE

nice and simple install then...

I;m thinking of getting it here, but i hear in April they may be running a special offer where they scrap the extra £10/month... just a rumor though, and it doesn't hurt to wait a bit i guess..

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
but i hear in April they may be running a special offer where they scrap the extra £10/month...

If they do - I'll get it too.   My Sky+ box is utter shite - it keeps crashing and freezing . . . . I'm hoping the HD box is more stable.

HardRockCamaro

I'll stick with my AppleTV box and freeview.

Freeview shows enough to keep me occupied, and for the odd occasion that they don't I'll just pay £1.89 or whatever it is to buy a tv show on AppleTV.
Having said that, apart from Lost, I haven't used that facility, although I have rented a few HD films at £4 a time.
Lot cheaper than paying a standing fee to Sky though...

The experience does depend on a good broadband connection though, unless you have the patience of a saint (which I do not).

Big Mouse

My Sky+box recording facilty was fcuked and the old Sky box in the bedroom was the original from the mid 90s; it was £120 to get them repaired or £79 to replace the Sky+ with HD+ and then put the Sky+ box upstairs to replace the original sky box.

My missus watches way too much TV