Simon is CR*P

Started by Cunning Plan, October 26, 2009, 04:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Following on from the 'fence paint' on my girlfriend's car thread where I used T-Cut to get it off..

Simon's car products are rubbish. I had some window polish of theirs and it just left streaks and misty sections - exactly the opposite of what window polish is supposed to do!

After T-Cutting the Hyundai, I got quite a bit on the black plastic trim - not that I could help that really, there was alot of paint to get off and T-Cut was everywhere!

So, I went to Halfrauds to get some Back-To-Black. There you have the usual brands along with Halfrauds-own-brand, all similar prices within £1 of eachother.. I picked up the Simons thinking it must be good its in the middle of the price range. Applied it to the black plastic trim and it does nothing!!!!

So thats two products by Simons that are pants.

Could someone (FB?) recommend a back-to-black product that actually works?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Could someone (FB?) recommend a back-to-black product that actually works?

Well at the risk of stating the obvious, it's easier not to get it on the black trim in the first place

The Panda has black trim on the bumpers and doors, a bit of brake cleaner gets it's off

CAUTION : Test to check that it doesn't ruin the plastic to start with and spray the cleaner onto the cloth and then rub the plastic clean

Not many of the back to black products work, I have black bumper restorer which i bought at a car show years ago. It works quite well but will stain anything it touches, including your fingers for about a week

Cunning Plan

Quoting: F Body
Well at the risk of stating the obvious, it's easier not to get it on the black trim in the first place

Quoting: F Body
The Panda has black trim on the bumpers and doors, a bit of brake cleaner gets it's off

CAUTION : Test to check that it doesn't ruin the plastic to start with and spray the cleaner onto the cloth and then rub the plastic clean

Not many of the back to black products, I have black bumper restorer which i bought at a car show years ago. It works quite well but will stain anything it touches, including your fingers for about a week

Got ya will give it a go..

daveyboy

dont know about back to black etc.
but on old corsa,s etc when the bumpers fade from black to that greyish whiteish colour the best way to bring it back is with peanut butter smooth.
works a treat.

Cunning Plan

Quoting: daveyboy
dont know about back to black etc.
but on old corsa,s etc when the bumpers fade from black to that greyish whiteish colour the best way to bring it back is with peanut butter smooth.
works a treat

Really? Never heard that one before?

Wait a minute, is this a trick to get me to cover the car in tasty tasty butter of the nut and drive around while the neighbourhood cats make love to the bumpers?

Incursus

tasty tasty butter of the nut

daveyboy

Really? Never heard that one before?  

Wait a minute, is this a trick to get me to cover the car in tasty tasty butter of the nut and drive around while the neighbourhood cats make love to the bumpers?

it really works. trust me im a scouser.