£27k Mobile Phone Bill.

Started by F Body, January 05, 2008, 03:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Jeeze thought I was doing well when mine goes over £50

Ian Simpson, a factory worker from Darlington, was no doubt revelling in just how good surfing the Net via his mobile phone was until he got his latest bill from Vodafone. The £27,000 heart-stopper was laughed at, at first, but now the poor sod's facing bankruptcy

Simpson had his mobile connected to his laptop as a modem and downloaded over 20 TV shows and some albums before the bill pointed out that his £41.50 per month contract did not include unlimited Net downloads. Oops.

In fact, it only covered a measly 120Mb of downloads a month. That said, after he exceeded the amount, Vodafone started charging him at an extortionate rate, sometimes up to £18 per minute
As far as I'm concerned, that's criminal and I hope they never see a penny of it.

Simpson and Vodafone are now in talks to reduce the amount to a more manageable sum. A spokesperson for the operator told the Northern Echo:

Brain of Britian.

Big Mouse

What a retard - does no one ever look at the call charges in the small print anymore?

"and downloaded over 20 TV shows and some albums". Right. I think we can all guess what he was really downloading can't we?

Allanv

jesus to d/l over mobile must have took forever bloody idiot

Fieldy

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Big Mouse
What a retard - does no one ever look at the call charges in the small print anymore?

i agree, BUT.. under no circumstance is £18 per min EVER even remotely justifiable...

vodafone should be in the dock for attempted theft.

art b

he he he a likkle knowledge is a dangerous thing ... noob
vodaphone know they wont get the money......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

Quoting: Allanv
jesus to d/l over mobile must have took forever bloody idiot

nope vodafone has 8mb on their 3G datacards

Rob

How did he manage to get an account in the first place...the pikey inbread geek trailer trash sister f***ing sheep chasing bug eyed no qualifications waste of good food tosser.......

Fieldy

Quoting: Rob
How did he manage to get an account in the first place...the pikey inbread geek trailer trash sister f***ing sheep chasing bug eyed no qualifications waste of good food tosser.......

say what you see eh rob!

ianjpage

now thats what you call a big mobile bill - but FFS how did they let him run it up.....

Roadkill

Muppet.  

But still, just another case of a big company reaming the "little guy".

55starchief

There was another case earlier in the week of a kid who had managed to run up a 3k bill doing the same thing